The Art of Knitting Book 1892: eBook Instant Download
The Art of Knitting was published in 1892, a Victorian classic was the first ever complete guide to knitting. It contains a detailed how to guide which is easy to follow with lots of examples. Furthermore, the book has several knitting patterns for women, men and children.
The book covers
- Examples of fancy stitches, including edging designs for mittens and socks,
- Borders for scarves and shawls, and knitted edgings and insertions.
- Ladies’ knitting patterns for hoods, capes, shawls, jackets, fascinators, leggings, and many other items.
- Menswear items includes sweaters, belts, scarves, ties, and many more.
- Children’s clothing and toys,
- The book also features patterns for counterpanes, spreads, doilies, mats, and other household items.
Below is the contents of the book
- General Directions for Knitting.
- Fancy Stitches and Designs in Knitting.
- Designs for Fancy Stripes, Tops to Mittens and Socks, Borders, Scarfs, Shawls, Etc., Etc.
- Knitted Edgings and Insertions.
- General Rules for Knitting Mittens, Socks and Stockings.
- How to Wash Silk Knitted Articles.
- How to Wash Wool Knitted Articles.
- Calculation in Knitting and Table for Same.
- Hoods, Capes, Shawls, Jackets, Fascinators, Petticoats, Leggings, Slippers, Etc., Etc.
- Directions for Knitting Various Articles and Garments, for which no Illustrations are given.
- Sweaters, Belts, Scarfs, Ties, Hunting Caps, Suspenders, Etc., for Gentlemen.
- Counterpanes, Spreads, Borders, Doilies, Mats, Etc.
- Useful Articles for Children’s Wear.
- Dolls, Reins, Balls, Etc., for Children.
This book contains over 160 pages and is delivered instantly in PDF format. For you to enjoy.